- Some Day You’ll Thank Me For This: The Official Southern Ladies’ Guide to Being a “Perfect” Mother (2009) with Charlotte Hays
- Somebody is Going to Die If Lilly Beth Doesn’t Catch That Bouquet: The Official Southern Ladies’ Guide to Hosting the Perfect Wedding (2007) with Charlotte Hays
- Being Dead is No Excuse: The Official Southern Ladies’ Guide to Hosting the Perfect Funeral (2005) with Charlotte Hays
Gayden Metcalfe was born in Greenville, Mississippi, where she currently lives with her husband. She is a garden club member, civic leader, founder of the Greenville Arts Council, and is active in civic institutions. She travels the country speaking about Southern etiquette, the art of conversation, and her books. She was the vice president of the Delta Council and was the publisher of Delta Wildlife Magazine.
Metcalfe lived for a time in Atlanta, where she worked for Saks Fifth Avenue. Her background is in merchandising. She was on the Young Designers Board of Genesco during that time.
Being Dead Is No Excuse was awarded a Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance (SIBA) award. It was also nominated for a Quill Award.
- The Pastel Trilogy – authors’ website
- White Pearls and Pimento Cheese (2013) Tour of the home of Gayden and of places in Greenville
- NPR story about Gayden Metcalfe (audio, 2008)