- Margie Joseph Makes a New Impression -1971
- Phase II -1972
- Margie Joseph – 1973
- Sweet Surrender -1974
- Margie -1975
- Hear the Words, Feel the Feeling – 1976
- Live! – 1976
- Feeling My Way – 1978
- Knockout – 1983
- In the Name of Love -1988
- The Atlantic Sessions: The Best Margie Joseph -1994
- Latter Rain – 2006
- Soul Christmas -1968
By Chamel Young (SHS)
Margie Joseph is best known for her performance as a singer. Joseph’s musical life did not start out very successfully, but she endured to stay on top. Through her struggles and her great talent, Margie Joseph is surely one of Mississippi’s greatest musicians. The talented soul singer was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi, in the 1950’s. Her career started unsuccessfully under Okeh label, but she did not give up. Many compare her talent to that of the “Queen of Soul” Aretha Franklin.
In 1970, Joseph had top hits such as “Your Sweet Lovin” and “Stop! In the Name of Love” by Volt recording label. Joseph recorded the next few years under Atlantic in 1972. During this time, she reached R&B Top Ten with “My Love.” This song became her best-selling single in 1974. Joseph’s next hit was “What’s Come Over Me” (a duet with Blue Magic) that landed on the Top 20 of R&B songs. This was the song that kept Joseph alive in the R&B charts. Margie Joseph recorded all throughout the 80’s, but her dance single “Ready for the Night” was her hit in 1984.
While Margie Joseph’s career did not start out successfully, her faith and endurance helped her to succeed and live out her dreams. Anything is possible if one puts his or her mind to it seems to have been her motto.
- 1950 – Margie Joseph was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi
- 1960 – Margie Joseph recorded under Volt
- 1971 – Margie Joseph Makes a New Impression is released
- 1974 – Sweet Surrender is released
- 1975 – Margie is released
- 1976 – Hear the Words, Feel The Feelings is released
- 1978 – Feeling My Way is released
- 1988 – In the Name of Love is released
- 1994 – The Atlantic Sessions: The Best of Margie Joseph is released
- 1995 – Phase II is released
- 1968 – Appears with various artists on Soul Christmas
- Unterberger, Richie. “AMG All Music Guide”. Online. May 2000. Available http://allmusic.com/cg/x.dll.
- Unterberger, Richie. “UBL Music”. Online. May 2000. Available
- “Yahoo Music”. Online. Available http://www.musicfinder.yahoo.com/shop?d=p&id=josephmargie&cf=10, May 2000.