- The Last Resort (2009)
- Range Finding (1977) poetry
- An Annotated Bibliography of Current Tall Tales (1965)
William Jack Crocker hails from the Mississippi Delta. He is a poet and song writer. He attended Delta State University in Cleveland, Mississippi, where he earned his bachelor’s degree. He earned his master’s degree at Florida State University and his doctorate in English at Texas Tech University.
He taught English at Mississippi University for Women, Mississippi State University and Memphis State University. He was a professor of literature and creative writing and has taught at several universities. He was writer-in-residence in Florence, Italy, for Danville College. He was the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Florida Gulf Coast University.
Currently, he is Vice President of Academic Affairs at Western New Mexico University.
- The Last Resort by Jack Crocker: Texas Review Press
- WNMU Hires new VP/provost, Sun-News report, 2013
- Mississippi Writers: Reflections of Childhood and Youth, edited by Dorothy Abbot
- Crocker named dean of arts and science, 1995. Sarasota Herald-Tribune