- Blues Traveling: The Holy Sites of Delta Blues (travel guide with photos) Third Edition now out
- Outstanding Blues (CD album)
Born in Portland, Oregon, Cheseborough plays blues music in the style of the 1920’s and 1930’s. His musical influences include Erroll Garner, Tito Puente, the Rolling Stones, Bo Carter, Furry Lewis, Richard Saslow.
He earned a Master’s degree at the University of Mississippi. His thesis focused on the life and music of blues musician Bo Carter.
Cheseborough plays the harmonica, guitar, percussion, sings, and tells stories while he plays. He was a finalist in the International Blues Competition in 2004.
He taught Blues in the Schools to children in several states, including Mississippi, and gave lectures at Delta State University and the University of Mississippi. He served as the host of the radio show Blues Breaks on Mississippi Public Broadcasting.
- Steve Cheseborough’s own web site has biographical information and photos.
- University Press of Mississippi has information about Cheseborough and the second edition of his book.
- Review of Cheseborough’s CD Outstanding Blues on Amazon.